8000 Armature Assembly Machines
Globe’s Series 8000 Standard Armature Assembly Machines provide fast assembly of component parts to the armature assemblies of subfractional and fractional horsepower electric motors.
Armature Assembly Machines are available for:
- Fan Placement.
- Ring Cone Placement.
- Bearing Placement.
- Thrust Plug Placement.
- Hub Placement.
- Washer Placement and other similar applications.
- Series 8000 Armature Assembly Machines can be sued in the stand alone mode, a work-cell or easily moved up to any type material handling system for use in a fully automated armature production line, thereby providing maximum machine utilization.
- Programmable controller.
- Metric construction.
- 12 mm plug-in proximity switches for ease of maintenance.
- ISO valves and cylinders where possible.
- Modular guarding with all electrical interlocks and extruded aluminum frame with polycarbonate inserts.
- Vibratory feeder bowl and escapement mechanism for one component (where applicable).
CONTROLS - Push button controls are conveniently located.
PRODUCTIVITY - Cycle time will depend on the armature configuration. Typically, however, with quality parts, 600 parts per hour will be processed.
Typical options include:
- Force press.
- Adhesive dispensing mechanism with part rotation.
Standard electrical requirements are: 208/240/380/415/480/575 volts, 3 phase, 50/60 Hertz.
A one-half inch, 100 PSI (6.8 atm) capacity air line should supply the machine. A pressure regulator will reduce the pressure to 80 PSI (5.4 atm) for machine operation.
This ring core is in position for placement on the armature and is typical of Globe’s family of armature assembly machines.
Armature Capacities (Typical)
- Shaft Length - min 3.00.” – 10.000”, max (76.0 – 254.0 mm)
- Shaft Diameter - min 0.125” – 0.625”, max (3.2 – 15.9 mm)
- Stack Diameter - min 0.500” – 4.000”, max (12.7 – 101.6 mm)
- Stack Length - min 0.500” – 4.000”, max (12.7 – 101.6 mm)
MACHINE DIMENSIONS (Typical)
- Width - 35” (889 mm)
- Height - 71” (1803 mm)
- Depth - 60” (1524 mm)
- Weight - 1500 lbs. (680 kg)