ACAM-8000 Armature Shaft Assembly Machine
The Globe ACAM-8000 armature shaft assembly machine automatically inserts armature shafts into the preselected armature stacks of interlocked (dimpled) laminations for sub-fractional and fractional horsepower electric motors. As with all Globe “Series 8000” machines, the ACAM-8000 can be used as a stand-alone machine, in a work-cell or easily moved up to any style material handling system for use in a fully automated armature production line.
- IC-2000 Industrial Computer open architecture control system incorporating ‘off-the-shelf’ scalable hardware including:
- Pentium micro processor.
- ISA industrial grade Bus.
- Flash Drive for program storage (non-rotating.
- 3.5” 1.44 Mbyte floppy disk drive for part parameter and production data backup.
- Ethernet 10-base-T coaxial networking.
- Centronics printer port.
- QNX real-time operating system providing a windowing environment, displaying and including: parameter storage for up to 1000 part configurations, operator selectable and graphically displayed production data, extended diagnostics through complete I/O status examination and fault prompting, setup utilities viewing and single keying of multiple languages.
- Four (4) station turret.
- Metric construction.
- ISO valves and cylinders where possible.
- 12 mm plug-in proximity switches.
- Modular guard with electric interlocks and extruded aluminum frame with polycarbonate inserts.
- Designed to accommodate a lamination stack height range of 13 to 64 mm (0.5 to 2.5 in.).
- Manual load of interlocked lamination stack.
- Manually adjustable shaft hopper for various shaft lengths.
- Manual load of shafts into shaft hopper (holds approximately 400 with an 8mm (0.3 in.) shaft diameter.
- Automatic placement of shaft into the lamination stack.
- Servo drive ball screw shaft press.
- Force press monitor utilizing an inline load cell providing a force and linear position generated signature curve with high and low limit settings via interactive touch screen.
- Calibration fixture for force press monitoring above.
A conveniently located operator interactive 265mm (10.4 in.) VGA color touch screen operator providing a graphical user interface, displayed in a windows environment.
- Length - Minimum 76.0 mm (3.000 inches), Maximum254.0 mm (10.000 inches)
- Shaft Diameter - Minimum 3.2 mm (0.125 inch), Maximum 15.9 mm (.625 inch)
- Stack Diameter - Minimum 25.4 mm (1.000 inch), Maximum 76.0 mm (3.000 inches)
- Stack Length - Minimum 12.7 mm (0.500 inch), Maximum 76.0 mm (3.000 inches)
Standard electrical requirements are: 208/240/380/415/480/575 volts, 3 phase, 50/60 HERTZ
A one-half inch, 100 PSI (6.8 atm) capacity air line should supply the machine. A pressure regulator will reduce the pressure to 80 PSI (5.4 atm) for machine operation.
Machine Dimensions (approximate)
- WIDTH: 1549 mm (61 inches)
- HEIGHT: 2540 mm (100 inches)
- LENGTH: 1981 mm (78 inches)
1134 kilograms (2500 pounds)