AFM-8200 Hot Staking Machine
- AC-powered hot-staking unit.
- Dual-headed hot staking operation providing simultaneous welding of two (2) tangs.
- Automatic load/unload from chain or pallet.
- Free-floating (low friction) head design.
- Reduced cycle time due to cylinder and valve selection and position.
- Three (3) preset pressures programmable into any phase of the welding cycle.
- Integrated MedWeld weld control.
- Ten (10) part parameter storage using the standard thirty-one (31) weld schedules.
- 10 KVA transformer at 50% duty cycle, 7.1 KVA continuous, with 10 tap primary and 1.0 to 2.0 or 2.0 to 4.0 VAC secondary voltage.
- Quick change weld electrode and ground bar.
- Bench setup of weld electrode in holder.
- Flexible, high current carrying capacity cables.
- Servo motor driven rotator for rotating the armature into welding positions.
- Hardinge collet mounted in simplified spindle and retained by an air actuated drawbar.
- Operator control panel on movable pendant.
- Initial index of armature via armature rotation and mechanical blade in lift chuck.
- Self-contained chiller with separate in and out manifolds.
- Quick positioning of hot staking heads.
- Easy access with swing away guarding.
- Allen-Bradley SLC-5/03 Programmable Controller.
- Allen-Bradley Data Table Access Module, 2 line and 16 characters.
HOT STAKING ELECTRICAL CONTROL SYSTEMS
- MedWeld interface with Allen-Bradley and MedLAN network.
- Programming weld sequence schedule by setting time, current, and pressure.
- High and low limit settings for current, power factor, and ratio of available current as compared to current settings (C factor).
- Automatic voltage compensation.
- Automatic current compensation.
- Automatic power factor compensation.
- Real time machine control.
- SPC capability of data from the MedWeld unit.
- Ability to layer and restrict program accessibility.
- Machine can be programmed to auto- matically stop for undesirable measurements.
- Ability to limit and monitor the number of hits of weld electrode.
FREE FLOATING (LOW FRICTION) HEAD DESIGN
- Low friction roller ball guide assembly.
- Fast acting air valve attached to cylinder.
- Low friction air cylinder not attached to electrode holding assembly.
- Welding cables mounted to avoid restricting movement of welding head.
- Positive air cylinder driven return of welding head.
- Maximum force 628 Newtons.
SERVO MOTOR DRIVEN ROTATOR ASSEMBLY
- Quick Change Hardinge collet with air actuated drawbar assembly. Identical collet to that used in the armature winding machine.
- Programmable servo motor drive assembly to accurately position tang under electrode.
QUICK CHANGE TOOLING
- Quick change “no tool” Hardinge collet.
- Lift chuck with initial index blade.
- Quick change “no tool” ground bar.
- Quick change “no tool” electrode holder with bench setup device, extra electrode and electrode holder.
- 208/220/240/380/400/440/480/600 Volts,
- 3-phase, 50/60 Hz, 25 KVA.
Pneumatic Requirements - A 0.5 in. (12.7 mm), 100 psi (6.8 atm) capacity air line should supply the machine. A supplied pressure regulator will reduce pressure to 80 psi (5.4 atm) for machine operation. Air consumption is approximately 7.0 cfm (198 liters/min).
Machine Weight (approximate) - 862 kilograms (1900 pounds)
Machine Dimensions (approximate)
- WIDTH 0.940 M (37 inches)
- DEPTH 1.397 M (55 inches)
- HEIGHT 2.057 M (81 inches)
- Lamination Diameter - min 12.00 mm (0.5000 inch), max 76.00 mm (3.000 inches)
- Lamination Stack Length - min 10.00 mm (0.3750 inch), max 102.00 mm (4.000 inches)
- Shaft Diameter - min 3.00 mm (0.1250 inch), max 22.00 mm (0.875 inch)
- Shaft Length - min 19.00 mm (0.7500 inch), max 178.00 mm (7.000 inches)
- Commutator Body Diameter - min 6.40 mm (0.2500 inch), max 57.00 mm (2.250 inches)
- Commutator Body Length - min 5.00 mm (0.1875 inch), max 51.00 mm (2.000 inches)
- Commutator End Shaft Extension - min 6.40 mm (0.2500 inch), max 76.00 mm (3.000 inches)
- Stack to Commutator - min 13.00 mm (0.5000 inch), max 25.00 mm (1.000 inch)
- Wire Size Range - min 0.10 mm (38 AWG), max 1.30 mm (16 AWG)