DIA-8000 Manual Commutator Turning Machine
- Manual load and unload of armature.
- Automatic placement and removal of armature from “U” journals.
- Robust, vibration-free base and tooling mounting surfaces.
- Servo motor control of belt speed, depth of cut and feed rate.
- IC 2000 Industrial Computer Machine Control System.
- Color VGA Operator Control Touch Screen on swivel pendant.
- Machine diagnostic, 1,000 part parameter storage and production data.
- Standard carbide “U” journals with automatic, individually controlled, oil-injected lubrication system.
- Precisely balanced brushless servo motor for turning the armature.
- Precision adjustable drive-belt tensioning system
- Dual palm button operator cycle start control.
- Micrometer adjusting device to set armature position during turning.
- Adjustable locating stop to position armature during loading.
- Guarding with electrical interlocks.
- Metric construction.
- Gravity chip collection system with access door.
- Commutators may be turned clockwise or counter clockwise with reversible servo motor and pivoting the belt-driving head assembly.
- Network capable through TCP/IP file transfer protocols using Ethernet (IEEE 802.3) or modem.
- External printer port, keyboard port, serial port, RS-232 port, and 3.5 inch floppy disk drive.
- “U” journals used instead of “V” journals for improved support and stability.
- Synthetic or natural diamonds assure precision cutting.
- Chip deflector.
- Load/unload cradle.
- Tooling to accommodate two tools. One tool for the rough cut and the other for the finish cut.
- Bench top optical device and fixture for precisely setting up cutting tools for quick and precise tool changes.
- Standard 4.5 KVA; 208/240/380/400/
- 415/480/600 Volts; 3-phase; 50/60 Hertz.
A 0.5 in. (13 mm), 100 psi (6.8 atm) capacity air line should supply the machine. A supplied pressure regulator will reduce pressure to 80 psi (5.4 atm) for machine operation.
Machine Dimensions (approximate)
- WIDTH: 1.1 M (45 inches)
- LENGTH: 1.5 M (59 inches)
- HEIGHT: 1.7 M (67 inches)
Machine Weight (approximate)
771 kilograms (1,700 pounds)
40º Fahrenheit (4º Centigrade) to 104º Fahrenheit (40º Centigrade).
- Diameter - Min 19 mm (0.750 inches), Max 102 mm (4.000 inches)
- Stack Height - Min 13 mm (0.500 inches), Max 76 mm (3.000 inches)
- Shaft Length - Min 38 mm (1.500 inches), Max 254 mm (10.000 inches)
- Shaft Diameter - Min 3 mm (0.125 inches) Max 22 mm (0.875 inches)
- Commutator Diameter - Min 7 mm (0.250 inches), Max 57 mm (2.250 inches)
- Travel of Feed Slide - 152 mm (6 inches)
- Travel of Cross Slide - 76 mm (3 inches)
- Belt Speed - 2500 rpm in 150 ms
- Rapid Feed - 212 mm/second (8.33 inches/second)
- Machining rate < 4 seconds
- Programmable movement – depth and length - 2.54 microns (0.0001 inches)