MDF-5000MR Armature Winder Millenium Retrofit
- New operator interactive VGA color monitor with mouse providing a graphical user interface, displayed in a windows environment. Includes replacement push buttons and mounting hardware.
- IC-2000 Industrial Computer open architecture control system incorporating ‘off-the-shelf’ scalable hardware including:
- Pentium micro processor.
- ISA industrial grade Bus.
- Flash Drive for program storage (non-rotating).
- 3.5in., 1.44Mbyte floppy disk drive for part parameter and production data backup.
- Ethernet 10-Base-T coaxial networking.
- Centronics printer port.
- QNX real-time operating system providing a windowing environment, displaying and including; parameter storage for up to 1000 part configurations, operator selectable and graphically displayed production data, extended diagnostics through complete I/O status examination and fault prompting, setup utilities with wire tension and wind velocity profile viewing, and single keying of multiple languages.
- New Brushless D.C. Servo Drive with absolute resolver and capable of obtaining flier speeds of 3,800 RPM in 250 milliseconds.
- 40Mhz Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for motion control of the fliers and rotator motor positions.
- Separate flier drive motor Accel and Decel settings with ‘S’ curve ramping for quick and smooth winding velocities.
- UR-I Universal Rotator for precise, high speed index of armature including:
- Herring bone belt, servo motor drive.
- New input and servo breakout boards.
- Industrial standard collet clamping design utilizing draw bar and commercially available collet.
- ‘No-tool’ adjustable, heavy duty wire clamp assemblies.
- Collet retainer and draw bar assembly.
- Connecting pins for inner/outer shield assemblies.
- Requires removal of tensioning meter.
- Clean and repaint machine to customer’s specification.
- Does not include new opto touch buttons.
- New valves and output modules.
- Alter inner and outer shield assemblies.
- Accommodates a wire range of 0.08 to 1.29mm (38 to 16AWG).
- Metric construction.
- 12mm plug-in proximity switches.
- EXACTROL Electronic Wire Tension Controller included in IC-2000 controls system.
- Standard software includes generally accepted automotive-alpha and DIAMACON winding patterns on standard type armatures.
- Software can include Snap-Away, ACCUTRIM, inner shield and pull back outer shield trimming.
- Dynamic wire sensing mechanism to detect broken and/or depleted wire supply.
- Engineering and documentation.
- Installation at Globe Products Inc. included.
- Standard electrical requirements are: 208/240/380/415/480/575 volts.
- 3 phase, 50/60 Hertz. However, special voltages and frequencies are available upon request.
- A one half inch, 100 PSI (6.8 atm) capacity air line should supply the machine. A pressure regulator will reduce the pressure to 80 PSI (5.4 atm) for machine operation.
Machine Dimensions (approximate)
- Width - 1435 mm (56.5 inches)
- Length - 1384 mm (54.5 inches)
- Height - 1829 mm (72 inches)
Note: Dimensions are of machine only. Installation requires access space for panels, guard doors and the operator’s control panel movement. Height is adjustable up to 3-1/2” (90mm) for leveling.
Machine weight (approximate)
- 1088.6 kg (2400 pounds)
- Minimum Stack Diameter - 12.7 mm (0.5 inches)
- Maximum Stack Diameter - 19 mm (0.75 inches)
- Maximum Stack Length - 38 mm (1.5 inches)
- Maximum Shaft Length - 3 mm (0.125 inches)