MDF-8500 Double Flier Armature Winder
- Dual ‘opto-touch’ cycle start buttons.
- Operator interactive 265mm (10.4in.) VGA color touch screen providing a graphical user interface, displayed in a windows environment.
- IC-2000 Industrial Computer open architecture control system incorporating ‘off-the-shelf’ scaleable hardware including:
- Pentium micro processor.
- ISA industrial grade Bus.
- Flash Drive for program storage (non-rotating).
- 3.5in., 144Mbyte floppy disk drive for part parameter and production data backup.
- Ethernet 10-Based-2 coaxial networking.
- Centronics printer port.
- QNX real-time operating system providing a windowing environment, displaying and including; parameter storage for up to 1000 part configurations, operator selectable and graphically displayed production data, extended diagnostics through complete I/O status examination and fault prompting, setup utilities with wire tension and wind velocity profile viewing, and single keying of multiple languages.
- Brushless D.C. Servo Drive with absolute resolver and capable of obtaining flier speeds of 3,800 RPM in 250 milliseconds.
- 40Mhz Digital Signal Processor (DPS) for motion control of the fliers and rotator motor positions.
- Separate flier drive motor Accel and Decel settings with ‘S’ curve ramping for quick and smooth winding velocities.
- UR-I Universal Rotator for precise, high speed index of armature including:
- Herring bone belt, servo motor drive.
- Industrial standard collet clamping design utilizing draw bar and commercially available collet.
- No-tool’ adjustable, heavy duty wire clamp assemblies.
- Collet retainer and draw bar assembly.
- Accommodates a wire range of 0.08 to 1.02mm (38 to 18AWG).
- Metric construction.
- 12mm plug-in proximity switches.
- Fabricated, welded and normalized steel base.
- Lead wire collection system.
- Flier hub assemblies.
- Winding form stabilization mechanism.
- Through the head lead guide actuation and index stop actuator for initial index allowing armature assemblies to be rotated in both directions during winding and lead connecting.
- EXACTROL Electronic Wire Tension Controller included in IC-2000 controls system.
- Modular guarding with all electrical interlocks and extruded aluminum frame with polycarbonate inserts.
- Modular construction to provide for fast tooling changeover.
- Set up for even slot capability.
- Standard software includes generally accepted automotive-alpha and DIAMACON winding patterns on standard type armatures.
- Software can include Snap-Away, ACCUTRIM, inner shield and pull back outer shield trimming.
- Dynamic wire sensing mechanism to detect broken and/or depleted wire supply.
- Standard 7.5 KVA; 208, 240, 380, 415, 480 and 600
- Volts, 3-phase; 50/60 Hertz.
- An air supply of 100 PSI (6.8 atm) with minimum 9 CFM (255 liters/minute) is required to operate the machine. A pressure regulator (supplied with the machine) will reduce the pressure to 80 PSI (5.5 atm) for the machine operation.
Machine Dimensions (approximate)
- WIDTH: 1.480 M (58 inches)
- DEEP: 2.240 M (88 inches)
- HEIGHT: 1.525 M (60 inches)
Machine Weight (approximate)
- 1,090 kilograms (2,400 pounds)
- 40º Fahrenheit (4º Centigrade) to 104º Fahrenheit (40º Centigrade).