HSW-8000 Series Stator Winders
Programmable Lead Pulls, Faster, Easier Operation, Improved Access
The GLOBE MODEL HSW-8000 SERIES STATOR WINDERS combine the advantages of previous Globe stator winders with today’s latest technology. GLOBE MODEL 8000 SERIES STATOR WINDERS wind directly into the slots of two and four pole stators and automatically perform terminal connection operations when desired. GLOBE MODEL 8000 SERIES STATOR WINDERS are equipped with state-of-the-art computer technology providing enhanced performance and timesaving features.
- C-2000 Industrial Computer Machine Control System — network capable.
- Color VGA Touch Screen provides machine diagnostics, 1000-part winding parameter storage and production data.
- External printer port, keypad port, serial port, RX-232 port & 3.5 inch floppy drive.
- Globally available components.
- Reduced cycle times.
- Metric design.
- Modular guarding with all electrical interlocks and extruded aluminum frame with polycarbonate inserts.
- Quick change stack height adjustment mechanism.
- Quick change external stroke length adjustment and internal gear change for needle oscillation.
- Safety guarding in compliance with standards and norms.
- Programmable lead and tap pull mechanisms (patented).
- EXACTROL-ST/OB wire tensioning unit.
- Broken and/or depleted wire detection.
- DC Servo Drive System.
- Adjustable stroke position.
- Automatic winding form load and unload.
- Winding with or without end boards.
- Flexible automatic start and finish wire manipulation and termination.
WINDING STATION OPTION
- “Lead Loop” (patented) secures start leads out of the way of coil buildup to reduce wire insulation abrasion and improve part quality and reliability.
WINDING HEAD OPTION
- Automatic gear shift to reverse winding direction on heavy duty heads.
TERMINAL CONNECT STATION OPTIONS
- Coil support at the terminal connect station supports leads during terminal connect operation (for winding stators with no shelf support on the terminal).
- Slack wire feature helps improve reliability in critical applications by providing no tension on the wire from coil to the terminal.
- Up to twelve (12) lead clips can be mounted to steel frame on each turret station to accept start and finish leads and tap pulls.
EXACTROL WIRE TENSION CONTROL
Wire tensioning is provided through precision control of pressure pads on each wire. Wire switches and measurement monitor breakage and consumption of wire in each coil. Alerts can be set to the high and low limits on the amount of wire wound into each stator.
QUICK CHANGE STACK HEIGHT & WIRE TENSION
The tooling is designed for no-tool changeover for different stack heights and to keep the terminal side of the stator at the same location. Wire clamps do not require adjustment since this surface location is maintained.
Winding form supports on the winder needle side require no adjustment. Winding form supports on the opposite side are easily adjusted on slides, which are manually adjusted and clamped in position.
Quick change head adjustment is provided with a handy clamp lever, air bearing and adjustment wheel. Stroke adjustment, if required, is completed by rotating the square shafts to graduated settings.
All stator setup parameters are loaded into, retained and recalled from the IC-2000 by the individual stator part number.
TERMINAL CONNECT TOOLING Consisting of:
- Tooling to guide start and finish leads into terminals or plastic end boards during lead termination operations.
WINDING TOOLING Consisting of:
- Winding forms.
- Winding form retainers.
- Winding form supports.
LOADING AND UNLOADING-TURRETED SERIES
- HSW-8100: Linear through track with high-speed winding head capable of 1200 strokes per minute for wire sizes 18.5 to 36 AWG (1 to 0.13 MM).
- HSW-8200: Linear through track with heavy duty winding head capable of 750 strokes per minute for wire sizes 16 to 36 AWG (1.3 to 0.13 MM).
- HSWTC-8100: Linear through track with robotic lead connect and high-speed winding head capable of 1200 strokes per minute for wire sizes 18.5 to 36 AWG (1 to 0.13 MM).
- HSWTC-8200: Linear through track with robotic lead connect and heavy duty winding head capable of 750 strokes per minute for wire sizes 16 to 36 AWG (1.3 to 0.13 MM).
Turreted Series for Maximum Throughput
- HSW-8500: Turret stator winder with high-speed winding head capable of 1200 strokes per minute for wire sizes 18.5 to 36 AWG (1 to 0.13 MM).
- HSW-8600: Turret stator winder with heavy duty winding head capable of 750 strokes per minute for wire sizes 16 to 36 AWG (1.3 to 0.13 MM).
- HSWTC-8500: Turret stator winder with robotic lead connect station and high-speed winding head capable of 1200 strokes per minute for wire sizes 18.5 to 36 AWG (1 to 0.13 MM).
- HSWTC-8600: Turret stator winder with robotic lead connect station and heavy duty winding head capable of 750 strokes per minute for wire sizes 16 to 36 AWG (1.3 to 0.13 MM).
Manual Load/Unload Series
- HSWM-8100: Manual Load/unload with high-speed winding head capable of 1200 strokes per minute for wire sizes 18.5 to 36 AWG (1 to 0.13 MM).
- Manual Load/unload with heavy duty winding head capable of 750 strokes per minute for wire sizes 16 to 36 AWG (1.3 to 0.13 MM).
WINDING HEADS, LEAD PULLS & CONNECTION
TWO PROVEN WINDING HEAD ASSEMBLIES
- The HIGH-SPEED WINDING HEAD operates at a rate of up to 1,200 strokes per minute maximum with wire sizes up to 18.5 AWG (1.0 MM). It is designed to accept a stack height range of 13 MM to 51 MM.
- The HEAVY DUTY WINDING HEAD operates at a rate of up to 750 strokes per minute maximum with wire sizes up to 16 AWG (1.3 MM). It is designed to accept a stack height range from 13 MM. The heavy duty winding head can be provided with an optional automatic gear shift to reverse the direction of the wind for reverse coil windings, if required, in applications such as brake coils.
Globe’s patented ACCU-Pull Programmable Articulated Lead Positioning System is unique to the Globe 8000 Series Stator Winders. This special system accurately positions the lead pull assembly using a brushless servo motor. Leads are pulled to desired lengths, then placed in transfer clips or stator board wire pockets
Taps are pulled with or without cutting the loop and are placed in wire transfer clips or stator board wire pockets.
The Globe Programmable ACCU-Pull System locates start leads to enhance wind quality or connect capability. All set up adjustments of the system are completed without the use of any hand tools.
ROBOT TERMINAL CONNECT
Because motors differ widely in application and packaging, a variety of stator lead termination methods are used — terminals being the predominant choice. The three types of terminals most generally used are crimp, tang and insulation displacement. To enable motor manufacturers to use the most effective terminal designs for the specific applications, Globe models feature an integral robot and associated tooling, if required, for the terminal connection process. This assures a fast, flexible operation. The quick-acting robot operates with three-dimensional curvilinear motion. Setup or changeover is exceptionally fast because the robot “learns” through the use of a “teach pendant” and points set by the operator.
As a result, stator termination design changes, new products designs and various intermediate tap pulling configurations can be easily accommodated with no or minimal tooling changes.
Min 38.00 mm (1.5 inches square)
Max 127.0 mm ( 5 inches square)
Min 27.00 mm (1.0625 inches)
Max 76.0 mm ( 3 inches)
Stack Height 8100 & 8500
Min 13.00 mm (0.5 inches)
Max 51.0 mm ( 2 inches)
Stack Height 8200 & 8600
Min 13.00 mm (0.5 inches)
Max 76.0 mm ( 3 inches)
Wire Size Range 8100 & 8500
Min 0.13 mm (36 AWG)
Max 1.0 mm (18.5 AWG)
Wire Size Range 8200 & 8600
Min 0.13 mm (36 AWG)
Max 1.3 mm (16 AWG)
208/380/415/480/600V, 3 phase, 50/60 Hz, 13KVA.
- A 19 mm (3/4 inch), 100 psi (6.8 atm) capacity airline should supply the machine.
- A supplied pressure regulator will reduce pressure to 80 psi (5.4 atm) for machine operation.
- Air consumption is approximately 141 liters/minute (5.0 cfm).
Machine Dimensions (Model HSWTC-8600 approximate).
- WIDTH: 2.16 M (85 inches)
- HEIGHT: 2.87 M (113 inches)
- LENGTH: 2.03 M (80 inches)
- Weight (approximate): 2,500 kilograms (5,500 pounds).