SSWA-8600 Stator Multiple Station Turret Lamination Welding Machine
The SSWA-8600 is designed to select the correct number of laminations from the lamination supply chute according to the customer’s stack height requirement. Following this selection process, the dispensed stack is transferred into the weld position. With the stack clamped, quality Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welds are performed automatically on two sides of the core. After welding, the core is ejected into a chute that returns the welded parts to the operator. NOTE: Stator stacks are compressed under 750 lbs. (341 Kg) during the welding operation.
- Automatic load/unload.
- Operator interactive 265mm (10.4 in.) VGA color touch screen providing a graphic user interface, display in a windows environment.
- IC-2000 Industrial Computer open architecture control system incorporating ‘off-the-shelf’ scaleable hardware including: Pentium micro processor. Ethernet 10-Based-2 coaxial networking. Centronics printer port. QNX real-time operating system providing a windowing environment, displaying and including; parameter storage for up to 1000 part configurations, operator selectable and graphically displayed production data, extended diagnostics through complete I/O status examination and fault prompting, setup utilities viewing, and single keying of multiple languages.
- Metric construction.
- 12mm plug-in proximity switches.
- Modular guarding with all electrical interlocks and extruded aluminum frame with polycarbonate inserts.
- Two (2) 3-Phase TIG Welding Transformers with high frequency starting, flowmeter, and power cables (tank and regulators to be supplied by customer).
- Automatic stack height adjustment (3 stack heights).
- Capable of a six (6) second cycle time with welding a 36.5 mm stack.
- Lamination material must be clean, dry and burr free.
- Designed to accept a stack height range from 13.0 mm to 89.0 mm.
- Low material, malfunction, and cycle interrupt lights.
- Six (6) station index table. Stations to include: Automatic lamination select mechanism +/- one lamination.; 1/2 stack 180 degree rotate.; Measure/reject (linear transducer).; Optional station (allows access for re-welding).; Weld, station 1.; Automatic unload.
- Automatic lamination load mechanism with capacity for 14 load stringers (loading height of 4.0 feet or 1.2 M).
Approximately 10CFH of Argon/Hydrogen mixed gas is required for the welding torches. Globe will supply the connection diagrams for coupling this to the welder.
40 degrees Fahrenheit (4 degrees Centigrade) to 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Centigrade).
Standard 220/400 V., 3ph, 60 Hertz
Special voltages are available upon request.
Amperes @ 220V – 98 (approximate).
Amperes @ 440V – 49 (approximate).
A 0.5 in. (12 mm), 100 psi (6.2 atm) capacity air line should supply the machine. A supplied pressure regulator will reduce pressure to 80 psi (5.5 atm) for normal machine operation.
The welding torches and stator clamp are liquid cooled to help provide a clean quality weld and extended electrode life. A self contained water circulator system is provided as a standard feature. If the customer chooses, the machine can be connected to a water supply source capable of supply at least ten gallons per hour.
One lamination supply chute mounted on the machine will accept approximately 18” (457mm) of loose laminations. The supply chute is hinged to provide easy loading of loose laminations.